|HTML/XHTML Internet_and_Web <|
|Table of contents|
Web 3.0 is about adding Semantic data to your pages....
Objective Web 3.0
By the end of this page you will be able to:
What is Web 3.0
- In Web 1.0 every person who went to a web page saw the same thing. They could look, but not change anything. It was not personalized.
- In Web 2.0, the conversation is more of a 2 way street now. We can tell the websites what we want to see and it can change to reflect our preferences. Many websites have evolved into tools that rival programs on our laptops.
- The problem is search. If you search for a topic on Google or Bing you will find sometimes millions if not billions of results. How do you know where the information you are looking for is?
- Google Kickstarts Web 3.0. (2010)
| Welcome to Metaweb|
- Understanding the New Web Era: Web 3.0, Linked Data, Semantic Web (McMacManus, 2009, May 14)
How will it work?
Experts believe that Web 3.0 will make general internet tasks and searches for things such as movies a lot easier. Instead of doing many searches, you may be able to type a complex sentence, and the Web will work it all out for you. For example, you could search "I am want something spicy to eat and then i want to hire out a funny movie?" The Web 3.0 browser will analyze your request, and trawl the net for good places to find spicy food and find funny movies. (Jonathan Strickland, 2010) -Chops 20:19, 30 August 2010 (UTC)
- Google Kickstarts Web 3.0. (2010) Retrieved July 30, 2010 from http://educationstormfront.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/google-kickstarts-web-3-0/
- McMacManus, R.,(2009, May 14) Understanding the New Web Era: Web 3.0, Linked Data, Semantic Web. Retrieved May 16, 2009 from http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/understanding_the_new_web_era_web_30_linked_data_s.php
- Strickland, J.(2008, March 3) How Web 3.0 Will Work: Web 3.0, how will it work, features. Retrieved August 29, 2010 from http://computer.howstuffworks.com/web-30.htm#