Introduction - Show a reflection in a Photoshop image
By the end of this page you will be able to:
- have a reflection show up in a Photoshop image
PHOTOSHOP IMAGE REFLECTION
1) Open your image in Photoshop.
2) Now duplicate your layer by right clicking on the layer and then select duplicate layer.
3) We now need to in rest the canvas size we do this by going to the image tab at the top of the screen and then click on caves size.
4) Now you want click on the box of arrow the top middle one and then change high of the image in the new size to bout double it size.
5) You must make sure that the canvas Extension color white or other so it has clean canvas extension appears.
6) Now we going to use the rectangular masques’ tool to select our image again and make sure your style is on normal.
7) Then we going to copy that by going to edit and then copy or ctrl+C key.
8) And then we past it by doing Edit past or ctrl+V key.
9) Now that we have past object you will see a new layer in the layer panel so we want to flip this layer so go to the Edit then down to the Transform and then go down to the flip Vertical.
10) Now click on the layer and drag it down and tell it match the top image below it.
11) With flip layer select go to the opacity slider above the layer panel and drag the slide down to about %30.
12) Now we add a gradient to the reflection layer by clicking on the gradient tool and make sure the foreground to transparent is select it is located below the main tabs at the top it has drop down box that is the second box in the that go from white to checker.
13) Now click at the bottom of the image the reflection one and drag up tell you get the bottom of the main image. If you don’t like what you see you can always change it
14) Now you save your image and you finished.
Masonallan 23:45, 6 May 2011 (EDT)