Ok. So we now have a variety of Web Browsers, so one issue that affects many of us is the need to have multiple browsers installed at our Institutions, So how do we justify this to Computer Services..
Please add your thoughts to those below (Sorry you will need to create a login - I am just trying to block spammers)
For students developing web pages there is a need for them to try it in the most popular web browsers
- Browsers that should be considered (Usage stats Jan 2009): Internet Explorer (68%), Firefox (22%), Safari (8%) and Chrome (1%). (Wikipedia, 2009)
- Also refer to Web Browsers
- Current Industry Standard
IE 8 RTM and Top 5 reasons for IT Pros to deploy
- Smart Screen filiter
- In-private browsing
- Per site and Per-User Active X filtering
- Domain highlighting
3. Granular Management 4. Easy to Deploy 5. Easy to Migrate
Tesar (2009, Mar)
Mozilla Firefox 3.5 is an open-source web browser, and is run using the 'Gecko' layout engine.
- Zotero a free referencing add-in
- HTML/CSS tools - Firebug
Google Chrome is an open source web browser built by Google under the Chromium project (Wikipedia, 2009).
- Wikipedia (2009) Usage share of web browsers. Retrieved February 15, 2009 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers
- Tesar, D. (2009, Mar)Retrieved December 23, 2009 from http://edge.technet.com/Media/IE-8-RTM-and-Top-5-reasons-for-IT-Pros-to-deploy/