System Analysis:Sale/Hire/Repair Company
|Main Page <|
|Table of contents|
- Planning and requirements
- Recently you won a lottery and decided to purchase an existing Sales, Hire Center and equipment repair business. The existing computer system is in need of updating so you thought you’d put your database skills to work and develop a new system.
- After looking at the existing system and talking to the staff, you discovered the following;
- The Sales, Hire center and equipment repair are run as three separate companies, but the accounts are managed centrally - but you think it would be good to integrate the data into an enterprise database. A small Human Resources system that tracks employee timesheets is also kept.
- The firm has 200-500 clients and 10 full time and 5 part time staff
- Identify sub-systems
- Strategic planning
- Corporate planning objects
- Sub-system Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Enterprise Entity Relationship Diagram