On this page you can post some Help Desk Examples code that you are having trouble with.
- Please concentrate on the problem ... and keep the description short.
Problem 1: docx files become zip files in Web mail
Description: When an email has a docx file attachment and it is retrieved in WebMail, when you "Save As" the attachment becomes a zip file.
- All ...x formats in Office 2007+ (docx, pptx, etc) are actually .zip files containing xml files that make up the document (Its actually a better way to store documents and a lot more compact that the original .doc, .ppt, etc..)
Until Microsoft recognizes this as a serious problem and releases a fix in their next IE8 update, do the following:
- In the upper-right corner of IE8, click on Tools to open the drop down menu;
- At the bottom of the Tools menu, click Internet Options;
- In the Internet Options dialog box, select the Security tab;
- On the Security tab, select the Internet zone, then click the Custom Level button;
- Scroll about 2/3 down the list to the option "Open file based on content, not file extension" and change the setting to Disable;
- Click OK;
- Repeat steps 4-6 for the Local Intranet zone and Trusted Sites zone;
- Click OK;
- Close all instances of IE8;
- Reopen IE8 and it should now recognize Office 2007 and 2010 file extensions when saving email attachments.
- ↑ Collins, D. (2010) .docx becomes .zip when opened from web. Retrieved May 25, 2010 from http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/815601.htm