MySQL:Interactive Help Desk
|Help Desk, MySQL <|
|Table of contents|
On this page you can post some MySQL code that you are having trouble with.
- Please keep the code "simple" concentrating on the problem ... not a lot of code with a "small" problem.
- Post a tweet including the #vmvwiki tag so that we know there is a problem waiting to be solved.
- Paste the following wiki code when you edit, and put your code where shown.
Code in here
Posting reward scheme
The rules here are:
- if it is a complex problem, and you solve it you should be rewarded with a small choc from the person posting, however
- if it is easy to solve a more substantial chocolate "gift" (like a large chocolate fish would be nice :)
Problem 1: UPDATE not working
This causes a MySQL Error...
|The problem here is that you have an extra quote after Michael effectively terminating the business description string. You can add a \ in front of the quote to "escape" it. Strings|
- 8.1.1 Strings (2010) In MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 8 Language Structure :: 8.1 Literal Values, Oracle. Retrieved September 10, 2010 from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/string-syntax.html