|Table of contents|
Technology - speed of change
With the speed of change in Information Technology .. this page records changes as they happen (well as much as I can tell!!)
Technology adoption can be described in many ways: Geoffrey Moore proposed the technology adoption model to show the progress of software (Crossing the Chasm, 2009).
The Hype Cycle Explained
The Hype Cycle
Jacob, C. (2009) Evolution of storage  - Go to http://gizmodo.com/5414337/man-weve-come-a-long-way-from-floppies for an enlargement of the diagram.
Gartner's Hype Cycle for 2015
Gartner's Hype Cycle for 2012
Gartner's Hype Cycle for 2011
Gartner's Hype Cycle for 2010
A good measure of technology trends is described by the Gartner's hype cycle (Gartner, 2009). Please read the original page for a discussion, and a discussion on the "hype cycle"(2009, September 29) on wikipedia.
- Buzz words
- Cloud Computing, Software as a Service (SAS)
- Seagate Freeagent (5.25inch) 1TB Drive (Jan) $340 (Feb) $249
- Google wave (Oct). Limited release - by invitation only
- Chrome (May) version 2 (Sept) Version 3
- Earth (Feb) V5.0, includes ocean mapping
- Latitude (Feb)- allows mobile phone users to check their own location on a Google map. The software uses cell phone towers, global positioning systems, or a Wi-Fi connection to find users' locations in the United States and 26 other countries.
- Live updates (Feb) includes SkyDrive 25GB of free online storage - part of cloud computing initiative
- Internet Explorer 8 (Mar). 2 browser engines.
- 2GB mp3/wma/mpg (video) player DSE Neuron (Feb) $99
- Pattie Maes and Pranav Mistry demo SixthSense (Mae, & Mistry, 2009). This demo -- from Pattie Maes' lab at MIT, spearheaded by Pranav Mistry -- was the buzz of TED. It's a wearable device with a projector that paves the way for profound interaction with our environment.
- Crossing the Chasm. (2009, September 25). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 10:06, October 19, 2009, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Crossing_the_Chasm&oldid=316059539
- Slinn, M. (2009)Combining Technical Marketing Prognostication Curves. Retrieved 10:06, October 19, 2009, from http://www.mslinn.com/blog/?page_id=32
- O'Neill (2009, Oct 12). Vendors say 'cloud' users think 'elastic'. Computerworld NZ, Fairfax Media
- The Gartner Hype Cycle Explained Retrieved August 12, 2011, from http://rww.readwriteweb.netdna-cdn.com/enterprise/215667_0001.gif
- Jacob, C. (2009) Evolution of storage. Man, We’ve Come a Long Way From Floppies. Retrieved December 1, 2009 from http://gizmodo.com/5414337/man-weve-come-a-long-way-from-floppies
- Gartner (2015) Hype Cycles | 2015. Retrieved from http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3114217
- Gartner (2012) Hype Cycles | 2012. Retrieved August 22, 2012 from http://my.gartner.com/resources/233900/233931/233931_0001.gif
- Gartner (2011) Hype Cycles | 2011. Retrieved August 12, 2011 from http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterprise/assets_c/2011/08/gartner-hypecycle-32385.php
- Gartner (2010) Hype Cycles | 2010. Retrieved October 15, 2010 from http://www.gartner.com/technology/research/hype-cycles/index.jsp
- Gartner (2009) Hype Cycle Special Report Evaluates Maturity of 1,650 Technologies. Retrieved October 19, 2009 from http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1124212
- Hype cycle. (2009, September 29). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 09:55, October 19, 2009, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hype_cycle&oldid=316950017
- Mae, P. & Mistry, P. (2009) Talks Pattie Maes and Pranav Mistry demo SixthSense. Retrieved November 13, 2009 from ttp://www.ted.com/talks/pattie_maes_demos_the_sixth_sense.html
- Wikipedia (2009a) Adobe Flash . Retrieved February 10, 2009 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_flash
- Wikipedia (2009b) Google Chrome . Retrieved February 10, 2009 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome
- Wikipedia (2009c) Google Street View . Retrieved February 10, 2009 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_view