Flash10:Video Alpha channels
|Flash10 (CS4), Flash11 (CS5) <|
|Table of contents|
The On2 VP6 codec supports Alpha channels, or the ability to have a transparent area on your movie
According to Reinhardt and Dowd (2007, p.572) to create video with an Alpha Channel generally requires 4 steps
- Acquire video footage
- Import video into a video effect application. Example, Adobe after effects
- Render the footage with the alpha channel (in After Effects: Video Outupt > Channels > RGB + Alpha)
- Encode with On2 VP6 codec. Use FLV Video Encoder supplied with Flash. Make sure you check Encode alpha channel check box.
Anderson(2007) demonstrates this effect, and shows how far Flash can go by including it in a transparent popup window.
- Reinhardt, R., & Dowd, S. (2007) Adobe Flash CS3 Professional : Bible. Wiley
- Anderson, J. (2007) Transparent Video - Transparent Video Effect - Alpha Channel Video. Retrieved December 28, 2008, from http://www.totalwebvideo.com/