Improving student interaction using Adobe Connect
Assoc Professor Dr Michael Verhaart
- Date: 14 June
- Workshop stream 2: 2:00-2:30pm
- Workshop stream 3: 2:45-3:15pm
- Venue: The Eastern Institute of Technology, Hawkes Bay
Taradale, Napier, New Zealand
Adobe Connect Notes
- If you want to share video best to be wired - rather than wireless
- For students best to have audio off unless talking (reduces bandwidth)
- For presenter running video/audio best not to stop microphone (on EITs computers may freeze computer for a while)
- If you have students in class asking questions and you're using a web-cam, repeat the question (am trying out a mutli-directional microphone to see if this is better)
- bear, bird, cat, dog, duck, rat
- Log in to virtualmv, enter as a guest and please use your first name.
- Quick demo showing
- Screen sharing
- Record session
- Putting hand up
- Document sharing
- Whiteboard sharing
- While I'm demoing try...
- Add a hi to the chat room
- Make a comment
- reply to someone else's comment
- Put your hand up at some point I will promote you to presenter and put up a shared white board
- Add something to the shared white board
- Close the room and open up in one of the other rooms
- If there is no sharing go on
- Share your screen otherwise watch someone else and do some chatting ...
- Browse the internet, disconnect then
- Fire up a whiteboard, so you and others can try it out
- Disconnect so others can try too..
- If you have a mobile device,
- If an iPhone/iPad you can download the Adobe Connect App (student@eit with your staff login)
- If android ....
Adobe connect session showing a Guest speaker from Australia (Joyce), the actual physical class in progress (in EIT Campus, Taradale, Napier), a combination of students in the class, in the local area (mix class attendance with watching from home) plus a distance learner (Gisborne)