|Table of contents|
Layout with styles has several advantages:
- Good for liquid layouts, that expand/contract depending on size of the monitor being used to view your page.
- Allows you to modify a layout using a CSS for many pages that use the same "block" structure.
- Tends to produce smaller files.
- Conforms to current (and therefore future) standards
The disadvantages are that:
- older browsers may or may not display the styles correctly if at all.
- different browsers may not display the content in the same way.
Objective Cascading Style Sheets
By the end of this page you will be able to:
CSS treats every element as if it is surrounded by an invisible box.
In Firefox you can see a 3D visualisation of the box model if you Right click on page > Inspect element > 3D View (bottom right) then Drag = shows page divs layered
- 2013, March Overview of current cyber attacks (logged by 97 Sensors )
- Resize the page in your web browser. Notice how the blocks shift logically.
- Learn CSS Positioning in Ten Steps. (2006). In BarelyFitz Designs. Retrieved from http://www.barelyfitz.com/screencast/html-training/css/positioning/